The FEED comes after the Feasibility study and BED. The FEED design focuses on the technical requirements as well as rough investment cost for the project. The FEED can be divided into separate packages covering different portions of the project. The FEED package is used as the basis for bidding the Execution Phase Contracts and is used as the design basis.
A good FEED will reflect all the clients’ project specific requirements and avoid significant changes during the execution phase. During the FEED phase there is close communication between Project Owners and Operators and the Engineering Contractor to work up the project specific requirements.
- Preparation of mechanical data sheets for the main equipment, starting from the process specifications issued for BED and incorporating the specific requirements of codes and standards to be applied to the project in question
- Preparation of RFP (Request for Proposal) for main equipment
- Preparation of PFD (Process Flow Diagrams) and P&ID (Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams) released for detail engineering
- Development of detailed plot plans and hazardous areas classification
- Preparation of piping layout, instrumentation layout, electrical and civil works layouts
- EPC – Engineering Procurement Construction tender documentation preparation
- Preparation of other engineering documentation before ordering the main equipment